Bhagawan Sri Satya Sai Baba Degree College
Tadikonda -522 236 Guntur Dt.,
(Managed By His Holiness Sri Jayendrasaraswathi Swamygal Golden Jubilee Chritable Trust, Kanchipuram.)
The College has a Library Advisory Committee which considers the development proposals of the library and budget allocations and policy decisions. It also provides directions for a structured and balanced growth of the library and to provide improved facilities and innovative services. Allocation and utilization of funds and introduction of developmental programs and requirements of the users are addressed and approved by the Library Advisory Committee.
- The library has an advisory committee consisting of Three senior faculty members with the Principal as Chairperson, Librarian as Convener and 2 student representatives.
- It reviews the functioning of the library by meeting periodically and the suggestions made by the committee are recorded and implemented.
- Monitors purchase of Books, Journals and Periodicals.
- Extends full co-operation in conducting Book exhibitions for the first year U.G. and P.G. students.
- Monitors the different services offered by the Library and strengthens the services by offering suggestions at regular intervals of time.
- Significant initiatives have been taken by the committee to render the library, student/user friendly. The college Library, a “Knowledge Centre” for accessibility, has been developing on modern lines as a prominent ‘Learning Resource Centre’.
- The area of the Library has been extended for book stacking purpose.
- There are 5 computers in the library. One photocopier and printing facilities.
- Information on Competitive Examinations is the unique facility for career planning and development programs.
- The Internet access is kept opened between 9.30 am to 5.30 pm on all working days.