As revealed earlier, Tadikonda, though a village, is endowed with an educationally fertile soil. At the dawn of the year 1974, person in spreading the cause of Education, elementary schools and High Schools were there in considerable numbers. But when it came to Higher Education, students and their parents were rather counselled to look to places relatively far away. Many students ceased their further studies simply because they could not afford to go to Guntur or some other town and spend money thereon. Aspirants were there but sans opportunities. Such an opportunity dawned through a noble and visionary person called Vidwan Sri GogineniKanakaiahgaru, now a nonagenarian on the very edge of centurion . Sri Kanakaiahgaru has been a renowned. He was the founder Correspondent of Sri VellankiVenkatappaiah High School, established in the year 1944. He established Sri GogineniKanakaiah Oriental College in the year 1968 with his own funds. He used to have organic links, with almost all the colleges in and around Guntur, and is known for his liberal donations for educational institutions that are in the formative years. Sri Kanakaiahgaru was rather obsessed to provide opportunities for higher education to the boys and girls of Tadikonda and its surrounding villages. His dream came true in the year 1974. Sri Kanakaiahgaru along with like minded persons formed a committee called Bhagawan Sri Satyasai Baba College Committee, Tadikonda in the aforesaid year.
The General Body of the Committee had some 100 plus members and this body elected the members of the Executive Body to manage the affairs of the College. Sri Y. K. S. PrakasaRao, Chairman, East India Tobacco Company officiated as the President of the College Committee; SriTripuraneniVenkateswaraRao and Sri BommareddyKrishnarjuna Reddy, farmers of the village were elected as vice presidents; Vidwan Sri GogineniKanakaiahgot elected as the Secretary & Correspondent; Sri G. China Kanakaiah, the then sarpanch of the Tadikonda village and Sri S. V. R. L. Sastry, a business man were elected as Joint Secretary and Treasurer respectively. Under the able leadership of this executive body, a Junior College, by name Bhagawan Sri Satyasaibaba Junior College was established in the year 1974. Within a short span of two years, a Degree College, namely Bhagawan Sri Satyasai Baba Degree College was established in 1976, with Arts and Commerce faculties. The year 1977 was an extremely lucky year for the college. That year marked the shifting of the college premises to its own site, allotted by the Government. In the same year, the relentless efforts of the Patriarch of the college, Sri GogineniKanakaiah fructified and a 22 acre agricultural land was donated to the college, by Smt. KakumanuNagaratnamma w/o KakumanuVenkateswaraRao (Late) along with their son Sri Kakumanu Naga MalleswaraRao. These philanthropists belong to Thulluru, an adjacent village of Tadikonda.
The year 1993 was another land mark year in the history of the college. B. Sc., course with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry (Eng. Medium) was started in that year and thus the college acquired full-fledged status. In the same year, AcharyaNagarjuna University was pleased to accord permanent affiliation to our college, albeit to B.A., and B.Com., courses . The University Grants Commission was also pleased to include our college under section 2(f) and 12 (B) of the U.G.C. Act. 1956. Thereafter, with the liberal financial assistance of University Grants Commission under VIII plan a pucca RCC building was constructed to accommodate the college Library. Since then the UGC funds under different schemes are being allotted to us under respective plans (VIII Plan to XII plan).
The year 2008 saw another big leap forward , M.Sc., course with Organic Chemistry as a core subject was put on the rails in that year.